Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), and Central Electronics Limited (CEL) recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for developing various indigenous rail engineering and system technologies.
Under the agreement, both the organizations will take up indigenous development of railway infrastructure systems under the Make in India initiative.
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, which operates the metro network in the national capital region (NCR), makes use of energy-efficient infrastructural systems and contributes towards the reduction in carbon emission. As part of this process, the following major activities will be taken up for indigenous development:
- Broken Rail Detection system
- Theft Intrusion Detection System
- Concrete Health Monitoring system
- Remote Health Monitoring of Point Machines
- Multi-Section Digital Axle Counter (MSDAC)
- MSDAC with ATP to replace older technologies
A senior Delhi Metro official stated that the development and application of indigenous technologies will boost value-addition in Delhi Metro operations, to efficiently meet reliability and punctuality of rail systems.