Brampton, Ontario – Ms. Gurpreet Kaur Bains, candidate for Regional Councillor
in Wards 2 and 6 in Brampton, has made community safety the cornerstone of her campaign
platform. Bains is committed to taking the necessary steps to champion crime prevention and
reduce violence in Brampton.
As a longtime resident of Brampton, Bains has noticed crime is on the rise and many res ident s
in Wards 2 and 6 no longer feel safe in their neighborhoods. Bains wants to bring a fresh
perspective to Council and focus on collaborating with the community to drive initiatives that
have proven to reduce crime and violence in other cities.
To ensure that Brampton families feel safe and that Council is addressing the root causes of
crime and violence, Bains proposes :
• Collaborating with Brampton Fire and Emergency Services on initiatives targeting Brampton
youth, similar to what has proved successful in Meaford;
• Ensuring Peel Regional Council put together a framework for Peel Regional Police as to how
to deal with the increase in crime and violence;
• Developing youth-focused programs to provide education on anti-violence strategies,
mental health, skill s development, and mentorship;
• Utilizing current programs and collaborating with our communities to develop new
• Always be accessible to hear the concerns of her residents.
“While knocking on door s in Wards 2 and 6, every single neighbour brings up the increase in
crime and the rise in violence in our community as their main concerns. I have personally seen
the devastation of this crime and I am committed to addressing this at Council, ” said Bains. “It
is unacceptable that the incumbent is the Chair of the Community Safety Advi sory Committee
and has failed to convene meetings when community safety is top of mind for so many